- Publisher: Yesol Press
- Arranger: Marianne Kim
- Season/Occasion: General
As an editor for a large American music publisher, I receive many manuscripts from composers who would like us to add their work to our catalog. I’m always looking for arrangers who have their own unique “voice” at the keyboard, who can bring new freshness to favorite hymns and Gospel songs. It was my delight a few years ago to receive Marianne Kim’s first collection of hymn arrangements, and to feel that we were “kindred spirits” when I played through her manuscript. Our company immediately agreed to publish her book, and since then, we have added several more of her books for piano solo, piano four-hands, and organ, as well as choral arrangements.
Marianne Kim is a multi-talented woman who understands classical, jazz, and traditional church music from the inside out. Her arrangements display familiarity with many styles, and always sound authentic and musical, with delightful harmonizations in a modern style. In this new collection, you’ll see how Marianne applies her creativity to old favorites as well as contemporary music from Korea and the United States. I hope you enjoy Marianne’s musical genius as much as I do!
– Larry Shackley, Sacred Keyboard Editor, The Lorenz Corporation
The Moody Church in Chicago is privileged to have been a laboratory for the first performances of many of Marianne’s recently published arrangements. She is a gifted church musician, with the right combination of classical training and improvisational fluidity. Her well-honed technique and tone carry through into her arrangements, making it easy for the performer to adapt to her stylings. Marianne’s chord selection is unique and sometimes surprising. Every piece is wonderful to hear and a joy to play, with a captivating idea and a worshipful focus. Churches that enjoy quality music will welcome any arrangement by Marianne Kim into their repertoire. It’s almost as good as having Marianne herself!
– Tim Stafford, Worship Pastor, The Moody Church, Chicago
- 예수 피를 힘입어(As I Come to the Throne)
- 주께 가까이(Lord, Draw Me Close to You)
- 주의 손에 나의 손을 포개고(On Jesus’s Hand)
- 모든 상황 속에서(In Every Circumstance)
- 내가 주인 삼은 모든 것(Everything that I had Allowed to Rule on My Life)
- 참 아름다워라(This is My Father’s World)
- 주여 지난 밤 내 꿈에(My Wonderful Dream)
- 주 예수보다 더 귀한 것은 없네(I’d Rather Have Jesus)
- 내 주의 보혈은(I Hear Thy Welcome Voice)
- 마음이 상한 자를(He Binds the Broken Hearted)
- 복의 근원 강림하사(Come, Thou Fount)
- 날마다 숨 쉬는 순간마다(Day by Day)
To view sample pages, or hear a music sample, click link below: